EVA NEW MEMBER BENEFITS BROCHURE
COMMUNITY ISSUES COMMITTEE REVIEW FORM
Use this form if you have a government relations issue that you would like to present to the EVA Community Issues Committee. Please email the completed form to Board@EastVillageSanDiego.com.
PRE-DESIGN COMMITTEE REVIEW FORM
Use this form if you have a design/development project that you would like to present to the EVA Pre-Design Committee. Please email the completed form to PreDesign@EastVillageSanDiego.com.
PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY (PROW) REVIEW FORM
- Program Information (DOC) or (PDF)
- PROW Process (DOC) or (PDF)
- PROW Sticker (PDF)
- Initial Checklist and Approval Form (DOC) or (PDF)
- Renewal Checklist and Approval Form (DOC) or (PDF)
- Curb to Property Notice (PDF)
- Curb to Property Form (PDF)
SPECIAL EVENTS COMMITTEE REVIEW FORM
Use this form if you have a special event that you would like to present to the EVA Special Events Committee. Email the completed form to SpecialEvents@EastVillageSanDiego.com.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Request for Estimate/Proposal for Consultant/Vendor for Placemaking, Fundraising, Design and Improvements
The East Village Association (EVA), is seeking written proposals from qualified consultants, vendors, or district management companies to:
- Identify ideal locations for public space development and design and improvements;
- Propose sustainable strategies to fund and manage those public spaces;
- Seek contributions for new developments to create a dynamic sense of place in East Village;
- Review current systems of public right of way maintenance;
- Identify and implement new ways to fund capital Improvements;
- Provide a preliminary annual report by April 2017 that gives a realistic timeline for the growth of new public spaces in East Village and provides ideas on how to fund and manage those public spaces.
- Experience in public space development and activation
- District Planning and Visioning experience, with set goals and timetables for achieving those goals;
- Understanding of nonprofit management and fiscal stewardship
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising to achieve goals
Deadline extended: Please submit your proposal electronically to Board@EastVillageSanDiego.com, by Tuesday, December 13, 2016 by 6 pm or mail to EVA, 1041 Market Street #200, San Diego, CA 92101. No phone calls please. Proposals will be reviewed by an EVA ad hoc committee. Selected proposals will be invited to provide a presentation and will be interviewed by the EVA ad hoc committee. Please provide at least 3 references and contact information for related work.
Civic San Diego (CivicSD) is actively soliciting applications for eligible projects to deploy New Markets Tax Credits. The New Markets Tax Credit Program provides below market financing with flexible terms to support high impact projects located in underserved neighborhoods.
Developers and operating businesses can use this investment tool to provide financing that is otherwise not available from traditional sources. This can apply to different types of projects, including mixed-use, office, retail, and health care.
Targeted Investment Requirements
• For-profit or non-profit entities are eligible
• Total project cost in the $8-20 million range (New Markets Tax Credit equity typically provides about 20%)
• Funding is for real estate development or to support ongoing operations
• The balance of project financing has been identified
• Site control and entitlements are already in place
• Project needs to provide a strong community benefit, including job creation
• Project has local community support
Projects located in highly distressed areas that generally have at least one or more of the following characteristics:
• Poverty rates greater than 30%
• Unemployment rates at least 1.5 times the national average
• Median income less than 60% of area median income
• Other distress factors such as designated food deserts or medically underserved areas
Civic San Diego is currently accepting applications for projects that can close the first or second quarter of 2017 or future projects to be financed in early 2018. For questions, please contact Michael Lengyel at (619) 533-7158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.