Request for Qualifications: Executive Director, East Village Association (San Diego)
This posting serves as a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the East Village Association, Inc. (EVA) for an Executive Director. Deadline to submit is Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 5:00pm
The EVA is seeking an Executive Director who, under the leadership of the Board of Directors, will be responsible for management of the organization, including developing, leading and executing strategies, plans, programs and projects.
The East Village Association is a nonprofit corporation 501(c)(3) that manages the East Village Business Improvement District.
Mission Statement: Our mission is to support and promote East Village businesses by establishing our community as San Diego’s livable urban village.
Vision Statement: East Village will be recognized as San Diego’s vibrant, diverse, urban community where residents and the entrepreneurial spirit thrive–a distinct mix of arts, culture, education, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate is a creative, energetic, positive, self-directed professional with a proven track record of leadership, fundraising, engaging and establishing effective outcome-oriented relationships with diverse constituencies, and successfully and transparently completing projects. Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Supervisory and/or management experience.
- Experience with budgets and financial statements.
- Experience in assessment districts, such as a Business Improvement District, Property and Business Improvement District or Maintenance Assessment District.
- Experience in economic development, operations, strategic planning, placemaking, development, and nonprofit administration.
- Experience with legal matters with regard to non-profit organizations including California Corporations Code, litigation and settlement negotiation.
- Knowledge about East Village community including challenges and opportunities.
- Experience in all aspects of financial administration including budgeting, cost accounting and full-cycle accounting.
- Knowledge of state and local laws pertaining to assessment districts, including in-depth understanding of Ralph M. Brown Act.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills. Public speaking to large groups and working with Board of Directors is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a focus on bringing new businesses that can boost the district as a whole.
- Ability to manage operational budgeting, administrative office procedures, and non-profit board requirements.
- Experience in website management and social platforms
- CRM database management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Vision and Mission
- Help articulate and refine EVA’s vision and mission for the district and strategies for fulfillment.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to formulate and implement strategic goals with respect to marketing, outreach, organizational growth, contracts and new programs.
- Develop and implement initiatives and special projects to increase economic vitality in the district.
Marketing, Fundraising and Outreach:
- Communicate with district stakeholders and the broad spectrum of people who frequent the East Village.
- Fundraising for events and promotions to increase net revenue
- Revamp Banner program to reduce costs and increase revenue
- Cultivate relationships with businesses, residents and property owners within the district to ensure that their needs are met; maximize their engagement with the EVA and the district.
- Provide oversight and support for events put on by EVA and partners.
- Actively market the district in various ways including social media, EVA’s website, email and print.
- Oversee the administration of the organization, ensuring compliance with bylaws, not-for-profit laws, BID policies and procedures, and its contract with the City of San Diego.
- Supervise all personnel and volunteers.
- Manage and oversee the work of vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage and oversee contracts and grants.
- Ensure continuity of organizational operations including committee and Board meetings.
- Commensurate with Experience. EVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Deadline to submit is Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 5:00pm.
If interested, please email the following to EVA@EastVillageSanDiego.com:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Summary of qualifications
- Reference List
Job Opening: President and Dean of the Law School
Business/Company: Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 1155 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Skills/Job description: The Dean is the President of the Law School, reporting directly to the Board of Trustees. The ideal candidate will have significant experience and expertise leading and developing legal academic institutions, overseeing large and sophisticated budgets, managing multiple and complex institutional projects, cultivating and inspiring diverse and dynamic faculty and staff, catalyzing an educational culture conducive to developing excellent law students and law graduates, fundraising from diverse sources, and communicating with accrediting organizations and other important institutions in legal education. The term of this Dean and President will commence July 1, 2017.
Apply by: Candidates must provide a cover letter discussing their interest in and qualifications for the position along with their curriculum vitae (c.v.). Materials should be sent as an Adobe PDF or MS Word document to Judge Roger T. Benitez, Chair, Dean Search Committee at: DeanSearch@tjsl.edu. The c.v. should include the names and contact information of references. Such references, however, will not be contacted without the permission of the candidate. Nominations of candidates for the position are also welcome. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to allow for the most complete consideration, applications should be submitted by November 21, 2016.
Notes: For more information, CLICK HERE.
Job Opening: Community Ambassador
Business/Company: DecoBike, 4909 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92110
Skills/Job description: This part-time position is a great fit for students and outgoing people looking to strengthen their bicycling, leadership, and community outreach experience. Applicants must love bikes and San Diego neighborhoods!
- Assist customers at popular stations by helping them check out a bike, provide promo codes, encourage social media use, and provide general information about the program
- Canvas the community educating the public about bike share and conducting outreach
- Collect feedback via conversation and some written surveys
- Participation at special events to assist in outreach, education, and membership sign-ups
- Verbal and written reporting of outreach results to supervisor
Apply by: submitting a resume and a cover letter at the following link.
Notes: For more information, CLICK HERE.
Job Opening: Customer Service Position
Business/Company: MAK Cleaners, 1031 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
Apply by: emailing resume to MAK.Cleaners@yahoo.com.
Notes: 35 hours a week, salary based on experience
Job Opening: Sales Associate (Part-time)
Business/Company: The UPS Store #6012, 1041 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
Skills/Job description: Please view the complete job description by CLICKING HERE. The UPS Store sales associate provides efficient and effective service to meet and exceed client expectations. Duties include greeting customers. Record and close sales transactions on POS and accurately process cash, check, house account and credit card transactions. Print reports and duplicate receipts as requested. Pack contents for shipping using established procedures and products. Operate office equipment including all related software packages. Receive and process packages for courier shipping, including lifting and weighing packages on scale. Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment in a safe efficient and productive manner. Help customers operate office machines. General housekeeping duties.
Apply by: Now accepting resumes. Please drop off resume at store location: The UPS Store, 1041 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101 or email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: 6 months – 2 years customer service experience in a retail environment. POS and computer/document & digital services experience highly desirale.
- Language Skills: Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain harmonious relationships with customers in person and over the phone. Excellent verbal and writtem communication skills.
- Other skills and abilities: Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Manual hand dexterity required to operate POS, copiers and complete customer paperwork. +60wpm preferred.
Salary Range: SBOE