Position Title: East Village Association (EVA) – “Do the Ride Thing” Ambassador
Reports to: EVA Program Manager
Position Summary: Assists in the promotion of the EVA “Do the Ride Thing” campaign. Serve as the Association’s public information officer in regards to downtown San Diego’s alternative mobility options and available incentives for the use of alternative transportation modes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Attend community events providing and distributing information on alternative transportation options. Host special event bike valet. Coordinate special event volunteers.
- Deliver presentations to EVA member businesses regarding Street Team participation and alternative transportation
- Maintain a working knowledge of mobility trends.
- Update East Village social media applications (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) with “Do the Ride Thing” campaign
- Represent the EVA in front of community members, staff, city and partner agency officials, volunteers, and others.
- Working knowledge of San Diego mobility options to include: bike routes/safe streets, MTS routes, ride share, bike safety,
- Active interest in alternative transportation modalities including but not limited to: biking, bus, trolley, rideshare, etc.
- Reliable capability to transport marketing materials, 10 X 10 ft canopy, table and chairs to community
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
The above job description is meant to describe the expected general nature and level of work required; it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform other job-related duties as requested in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Employment is on an “at-will” basis.
Hourly: Subject to scheule. Approximately $20 per hour. Approximately 10-20 hours per week.
Benefits: Flexible schedule.
No phone calls please. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit resume and list of three (3) references.
Please submit by October 2, 2017
Job Opening: President and Dean of the Law School
Business/Company: Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 1155 Island Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Skills/Job description: The Dean is the President of the Law School, reporting directly to the Board of Trustees. The ideal candidate will have significant experience and expertise leading and developing legal academic institutions, overseeing large and sophisticated budgets, managing multiple and complex institutional projects, cultivating and inspiring diverse and dynamic faculty and staff, catalyzing an educational culture conducive to developing excellent law students and law graduates, fundraising from diverse sources, and communicating with accrediting organizations and other important institutions in legal education. The term of this Dean and President will commence July 1, 2017.
Apply by: Candidates must provide a cover letter discussing their interest in and qualifications for the position along with their curriculum vitae (c.v.). Materials should be sent as an Adobe PDF or MS Word document to Judge Roger T. Benitez, Chair, Dean Search Committee at: DeanSearch@tjsl.edu. The c.v. should include the names and contact information of references. Such references, however, will not be contacted without the permission of the candidate. Nominations of candidates for the position are also welcome. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to allow for the most complete consideration, applications should be submitted by November 21, 2016.
Notes: For more information, CLICK HERE.
Job Opening: Community Ambassador
Business/Company: DecoBike, 4909 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92110
Skills/Job description: This part-time position is a great fit for students and outgoing people looking to strengthen their bicycling, leadership, and community outreach experience. Applicants must love bikes and San Diego neighborhoods!
- Assist customers at popular stations by helping them check out a bike, provide promo codes, encourage social media use, and provide general information about the program
- Canvas the community educating the public about bike share and conducting outreach
- Collect feedback via conversation and some written surveys
- Participation at special events to assist in outreach, education, and membership sign-ups
- Verbal and written reporting of outreach results to supervisor
Apply by: submitting a resume and a cover letter at the following link.
Notes: For more information, CLICK HERE.
Job Opening: Customer Service Position
Business/Company: MAK Cleaners, 1031 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
Apply by: emailing resume to MAK.Cleaners@yahoo.com.
Notes: 35 hours a week, salary based on experience
Job Opening: Sales Associate (Part-time)
Business/Company: The UPS Store #6012, 1041 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
Skills/Job description: Please view the complete job description by CLICKING HERE. The UPS Store sales associate provides efficient and effective service to meet and exceed client expectations. Duties include greeting customers. Record and close sales transactions on POS and accurately process cash, check, house account and credit card transactions. Print reports and duplicate receipts as requested. Pack contents for shipping using established procedures and products. Operate office equipment including all related software packages. Receive and process packages for courier shipping, including lifting and weighing packages on scale. Operate copiers, fax machines, binding equipment in a safe efficient and productive manner. Help customers operate office machines. General housekeeping duties.
Apply by: Now accepting resumes. Please drop off resume at store location: The UPS Store, 1041 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101 or email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: 6 months – 2 years customer service experience in a retail environment. POS and computer/document & digital services experience highly desirale.
- Language Skills: Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain harmonious relationships with customers in person and over the phone. Excellent verbal and writtem communication skills.
- Other skills and abilities: Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Manual hand dexterity required to operate POS, copiers and complete customer paperwork. +60wpm preferred.
Salary Range: SBOE