East Village is San Diego’s largest downtown neighborhood encompassing 130 blocks, between Seventh Ave. east to 18th Street. More than 700 businesses are located in the thriving urban enclave; including restaurants, hotels, art galleries, and PETCO Park, home of the San Diego Padres. The new San Diego Central Library, which opened Summer 2013, is in East Village.
Several educational institutions are in East Village including Thomas Jefferson School of Law, NewSchool of Architecture and Design, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, and San Diego City College. The East Village community has a population of 10,000 (and growing), with most residents living in mid-rise or luxury condominiums and lofts. Continuing urban development and the steady growth of new businesses draws locals from neighboring downtown areas, and elsewhere in San Diego County to this diverse and vibrant community with a unique mix of arts, culture, education, and entertainment.
The East Village Association, Inc. (EVA) is a nonprofit corporation 501c3 that manages the East Village Business Improvement District.
Mission Statement: Our mission is to support and promote East Village businesses by establishing our community as San Diego’s livable urban village.
Vision Statement: East Village will be recognized as San Diego’s vibrant, diverse, urban community where residents and the entrepreneurial spirit thrive–a distinct mix of arts, culture, education, and entertainment.
CLICK HERE to Download a Map of East Village
CLICK HERE to Download a Map of the Downtown Centre City BIDs
1. David Hazan, President, Bennion-Deville Homes, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
2. Glenna Gasper, Vice President, Mitchell Investments, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
3. Tod Firotto, Treasurer, San Diego Restaurant Supply, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
4. MyMy Lu, Secretary, Cox Communications, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
5. Simon Andrews, Board member, Hotel Mediterranean, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
6. Todd Brown, Board member, Bub’s at the Ballpark, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
7. Ronda Coyle, Board member, Coyle Business Solutions, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
8. Brendan Foote, Board member, Fabric Investments, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
9. Jon Gordon, Board member, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
10. James Haug, Board member, Waddell & Reed, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
11. Michael Hormozi, Board member, MAK Cleaners, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
12. Alex Kreit, Board member, Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
13. Mike Madigan, Board member, Madigan Consulting, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
14. Jerry Navarra, Board member, Navarra Property Management, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
15. Trong Nguyen Dinh, Board member, The District and The Parlour, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
16. Randy Rivera, Board member, Capital Real Estate Ventures and Social Tap, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
17. Claudine Scott, Board member, Keller Williams Realty, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
18. Chris Sohaey, Board member, MMC Real Estate Holdings, Term: 6.2016 to 5.2018
19. Robert Weichelt, Board member, The Weichelt Group, Term: 6.2015 to 5.2017
CLICK HERE to download EVA Committee Information
ANNUAL AUDIT REPORT
CLICK HERE to download the EVA Bylaws